And that's about the size of it - today, I got nothin'. No witty comments, no cute puppy pics, no delightful tales of life in the country.
I'm tired. I didn't sleep much last night and it's been a rather depressing day at work. Let me just say this - colic sucks.
There are some days when it can be very life-sucking working at a veterinary clinic.
I'm really (again) looking forward to this weekend, and just laying low, hanging out, sleeping in and frittering my time away. It's all about the mental breaks, don't ya know? Oh ya, and planning a vacation. I really need an extended weekend, and soon.
So, 10 extremely random things about me...I know, but it's my best subject. Sorry, I told you I had nothin'.
1) Whenever I'm scared or nervous, I sing.
2) I am the most opinionated person that I've ever known...some may say stubborn, and I'd be lying if I disagreed.
3) I used to go to a lot of concerts. Mostly rock, but lots of other genres too.
4) I have always been an avid animal lover, and many times prefer their company to people.
5) I am nurtured and inspired by spending time in the great outdoors.
6) I enjoy cooking, but rarely follow a recipe.
7) My most favorite desert in the whole, wide world is pie. My mom's pie to be exact.
8) My happy place is at the beach.
9) I've been riding horses since I was 3 years old.
10) I don't think I could live a happy, well-adjusted life without 2 things: horses and scented lotion. In that order.
I spent time working with Eags again last evening. It was really, really good - until it wasn't. At one point, Eagle decided he did not want to trot over the poles anymore and pointed his butt in my general direction and did a short, butt lift towards me...then his eyes rolled back in his head and he thought better of that decision. But, it was too late for that - I had already reacted with a big jerk on the lead and a big, HUGE bellow from me that, that was absolutely NOT acceptable!!!! He became acutely humble, apologized and we moved on...to some more trotting over the poles. I am an evil woman.
Pretty much everything we did work on last night went very well, except for his tiny infraction involving his butt, and me being on his left side while standing on top of the mounting block. *sigh*
I keep reminding myself to be patient. It's only day 3 of our lessons.
I just keep wondering where in the world this problem has come from??? The only thing I can come up with is that fall my hubby took. Does he think I'm going to get hurt if I get on his back or what? Or, does he just enjoy his life of total leisure? If only I knew...