Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Chill baby...just chill


Whoowhee!!  It's been hot again the last few days, and they're saying it's supposed to be getting even hotter over the next several days.  I can't take it man!!  When it gets into the triple digits, I'm a sorry mess.  I have no energy, and I can get a little cranky.  Really.  Ask anyone.  So, how do you stay cool when the thermometer starts to rise?  How do you chill?  Hmmm?

 Look what Ruby does!!!  She's a water lovin' puppy dog!!  This little pool is her saving grace.  :)


She loves her little swimmin' pool, and we love that she loves it!!  :)  Did I mention that it was Ruby's birthday last Friday?  Yep!  She turned 2 years old on August 10th.  She got some cookies, a new toy (which she pretty much destroyed within an hour) and she got to go swimming at the creek.  What fun!!


Here's how Kadie cools off...standing in the mister feels oh, so good!  Looks pretty good for 28 doesn't she?  I think she's beautiful, always has been, and always will be.  She's my girl...


Here they are swimming and playing "get the stick" at the creek.


The little birthday girl herself...Miss Ruby!!!  Love that face!!!


Annie always gets the stick.  Ruby always steals the stick.  It's just the way it goes.

 A little grooming session after a cooling off in the mister.

 Artsy fartsy photo taken by my hubby of a sunrise.  Pretty!



He's a clever guy, don't ya think?


Harley taking a little mid-breakfast siesta...


And this is Harley dreaming he's a dressage pony at the Olympics.  I can see it, can't you?  :)

Hope you all are enjoying the summer, even though it's a tad on the warm side for this cool weather gal.  I'm heading home for a session with Eagle and Ladde, since this may be the last day before the triple digits hit us with full force.  *sigh*  Then, I think we'll have some big, fat, fresh tomato sandwiches on sourdough bread with fresh dill and sweet basil and icy, cold watermelon.  Sounds like a fine idea for dinner to me!  What do you like to enjoy for dinner when it's just too hot for cooking?  Hmmm?  I'd like to hear some ideas...what do you say?

Bon apetit' and stay cool my friends!  Just chill...


No comments: