How's that for a catchy title huh???
Sorry for the bait and switch, but there really isn't much of anything "news worthy" to report from my neck of the woods...how 'bout yours?
We've returned to our usual Pacific Northwest late fall weather pattern. Yep, it's classic; grey, dreary, mild and wet. But for the last week or so, we were blessed with sunny and gorgeous, albeit quite frigid weather! I loved it!! The mud was frozen, the horses' coats fluffed up and they looked like they were wearing LL Bean down parkas, and we were able to set aside our muck boots.
Aahhh, it was glorious while it lasted. But we knew it had to change. No worries, you just gotta roll with what is.
I've finally filled my prescription for new reading/working glasses. I'm quite slow, since April I've been carrying around this battered, ragged script from my eye doctor, but in a week or so, I shall be sporting brand new spectacles!! I'm so excited!! Yes I know, it seriously doesn't take much to get my juices flowing, does it?
We made a trip to Costco last weekend and spent too much money. I hate it when that happens, but the upside is we have enough food in our pantry and freezer to last us until *)!* freezes over...and I got new slippers! Soft, cushy new slippers are almost as good as new socks. One of those simple pleasures in life that just makes me giggle and wiggle inside! :) You dig?
We've been feeling blessed indeed, and just in time for Thanksgiving too. One, if not my most favorite of all the holidays. I just love it! Firstly, it brings to mind all the blessings we have to be thankful for. I'm a sucker for counting my blessings, as it just lightens everything and makes me feel good. It really does change everything!
Gratitude changes everything!! Ah, how sweet it is...
So, in no particular order, here goes...
* We're healthy, and finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel of these blasted colds we've been living with lately. That's a good thing!
* Our horses are fat, sassy, fuzzy, happy and healthy. Can't beat that with a stick!
* Our dogs are loved, pampered and spoiled...their favorite holiday is Thanksgiving too!
* Our pantry, freezer and cupboards are full. I don't think we'll starve this winter after all...
* Our barns are full of sweet smelling hay for the "hay burners".
* Our wood shed is chock full of wood, and we're thankful that we don't have to cringe when the electricity bill shows up in the mail.
* We have a ton of wood pellets for our little pellet-burning stove on hand. You know, for those days we require just a smidge more warmth, or we're just to blame lazy to build a fire. :)
* Our roof don't leak!
* We have lots of cozy, warm blankets to snuggle under in our bed!
* We have jobs, providing us with the ability to "fend for ourselves" and pay our bills. But...business remains frightfully slow at the clinic where I work, so if you're of the praying kind, would you please keep us (and my boss's family) in your prayers? We need work man!!!
* And as always, we firmly believe that God is in heaven and fully aware of our (and your) situation in life, and will handle all those messy details. He's in charge and we have faith!!
As I said, we have so many reasons to be thankful, and to acknowledge where our blessings come from. Give it a try, won't you? Try it today, I promise you'll be surprised at just how much you have, and how many reasons you have to be happy.
Count your blessings!!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!