Friday, June 20, 2014

Spring to summer...







To me it seems like spring has simply flown by, and I can hardly wrap my head around the fact that tomorrow is the first day of summer!

It has been a long time since I've posted here on my blog.  It wasn't a planned absence, and I'm really not sure why.  Guess I just didn't have anything to share.

As is usual in our lives, we have been busy.  I don't seem to be able to recall a time in our lives when I haven't felt overly busy.  Que sa ra sa ra...

Stall cleaning has been replaced by yard work and gardening.  I've been preoccupied with research on Medicare plans for my husband (what a drag), and I've been trying really hard to work with the horses on a regular basis.  I've accepted responsibility for Eagle and Missy.  My husband is responsible for Ladde, but as is seemingly usual for Ladde, he's on confinement and rest while his tendon sheath quiets down.  My vet injected it a week ago with HA and steroids.  So far, so good.  Rick cleared him today to begin riding again. The other three are retired and they just do whatever they want to do.  Every day.  They're content and fat, so I'm content.

We've almost finished the remodeling project, just have a few odds and ends to attend to, paint the door and re-install the pellet stove and hang the wall decorations.  Since the weather's turned nice, it's really been a challenge to work on this project that's become tiresome.  *sigh*  It looks great though, and I'm pleased with the way it's turning out.  Pictures to come soon.

We're busy putting our winter's hay supply in the barns and making preparations for our upcoming week-long Cowboy camp-out which is being held in one of our favorite spots this year.  Mt. Adams in Washington state.  It's a fairly easy drive along the Columbia River gorge and then maybe an hour north from there to the meadow where we stay.  There is always so much to do to get ready for a trip like this with the horses.  I shouldn't complain though, my hubby does most of the work.  I'm the official organizer, food shopper and meal planner, and packer of the clothing and personal items.  My hubby does all the maintenance of truck, trailer, brakes, wheel bearings, tack and equipment that we need to take.  I help out by making lists...

I just want to interject one thing here.  I really, really miss our big LQ trailer.  *sniff*

Well, although there's lots to mention and catch up on, I'm going to close for now.  Suffice it to say that we're enjoying the warmer, sunny weather, spending lots of time outdoors and planning fun outings and get-togethers with friends and family.  Got my yearly supply of strawberries put in the freezer last night, and we ate bagels, cream cheese and fresh strawberries for dinner.  Yum!

Hope you are all well, enjoying life and the warm, easy days of summer...YAY!!!

Peace, out.

Lorie @ Cingspots


1 comment:

aurora said...

Funny how it all goes by so fast...hope Laddie continues feeling better and is ready to go for your planned trip. It sounds wonderful, even without the trailer. It's hard to work on indoor projects, when the outdoors are calling! Had to laugh, I am really good at making lists too! Summer is such a fun and busy time, with the added gardens, trail riding, and living life to the fullest. Good thing the days are longer! It's nice to see you posting again :)