Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The "R" word...please!!!!!!!


I just watched something on the news last night that just irritated me so much that I just have to spew!! So, here goes...this is ridiculous!! Oops, sorry another one of those pesky "r" words. Some people in this world apparently make it their lifelong pursuit of being offended at what somebody else says, does, wears, believes...etc.; the list could go on and on. Fine. But what really irritates me is when they try and infringe their beliefs on us, and force us to comply or become, "God forbid" politically incorrect.


The lastest in this barrage of naziism is in trying to restrict the general public at large into refraining from using the word, "retarded". I'm sorry, but whether you like it or not, the plain and simple truth is that some things in this world are without a doubt, RETARDED!! And, dare I say it, some people too are retarded. I am so terribly sorry if this offends you, but I guess you'll just have to put on your big girl panties and deal with it!!


Seriously people. We all need to just take a deep breath and get a grip because there are always going to be people who do things or say things that you might disagree with, and probably won't even like, but whatever! - that's what makes life so interesting is that everybody has their own opinions and likes and dislikes. Life is full of disappointments, and if you don't learn to deal with those pesky little disappointments, then chances are...you are going to have some serious problems along the way. Call me crazy but I think we all need to do a little growing up here.


I could name so many examples here, but I hopefully don't think I need to, just to make my point. I'll just bet that if each one of you thinks about it for just a minute or less, each and everyone of you could (and probably will) come up with your own example and our list would be very, very long.


I really do believe that it is okay, probably even good for us to have to deal with being a little bit offended every single day. Helps to keep us humble. And, if you're one of those individuals who makes it your life's pursuit to be "offended beyond endurance" at some of the silliest little things that people do or say...well then...by all means, join that group of busybodies and just try and get your little boy into the Girl Scouts. I'm sure your son will grow up to thank you someday.


And, if I've offended anyone out there and harmed your delicate sensibilities to the point of permanent scarring...I promise to try really hard to lose at least one nights' sleep over it.


Really, I will. :)



*sigh*

14 comments:

Mrs. Mom said...

WHOOHOO! SOmeone else who knows that PC's roots were Nazi based!!!!

Ya didnt bother anyone in this corner.

Sleep tight!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

I hear ya sweetie,the field I work in is constantly reinventing itself and changing the PC language to suit the current trend! Bottom line is patient (insert PC term here)based care .If we do the care appropriatley who care what we call it . I toast you my friend with a brazil nut!

Gail said...

Can you see my standing ovation??? I am so proud you said this, and you are so right!!!! I like the put on your big girl panties line.

I agree, grow up!!!!

Leah Fry said...

Me neither. Americans now officially have no sense of humor. Political correctness makes everything so bland. We all dance around subjects and beat around the bush saying everything except what we really mean, so in the end, nobody is saying anything.

I make it a point to be politically incorrect at every opportunity.

Grey Horse Matters said...

I think this is pretty funny considering I just put up a post titled 'retarded grandparents'. The politically correct folks in this country are getting way out of hand. I suggest that they go get a life and then they wouldn't have time to live mine and monitor and be offended by what I say or do.

Pony Girl said...

I agree, eliminating certain phrases and words to be "PC" just ends up making something else the new non-PC word, know what I mean? And like you said, you can't please everyone!!

greymare said...

You go girl! agere with you wholeheartedly. My pet peeve and this really ticks me is when people from other cultures move to this country, they want their own churches, language, stores etc. But the one that takes the cake, is when they expect our National anthem to be sung in their language at official events. Wake up people, you're in our country under you own free will. No one forced you here. You want to live here, then learn the language, cultures, mannerisms etc. there I feel better now. Lets see how far this goes. any more PC beefs out there?

Mrs. Mom said...

LOL GReyMare! We in our little corner feel the exact same way. If you go to Greece, you speak Greek. If you go to Germany, you speak German. If you come to America, you damn well better learn to speak ENGLISH.

C-ingspots said...

Now there's my girls...and they're wearing their big girl panties too. You all made me smile real big!! Guess what? Ah-huh, I watched the news again last night and now they're going to change our state law to allow teachers to wear "religious garb" to teach school in. Excuse me???? Religious garb?? It's now illegal for our kids to say prayers in school, or recite the pledge of allegience because it has "God" in it...and you're going to allow other religions' beliefs to be re-enforced by the wearing of "religious garb"??? Does anyone else out there see a problem with this? I believe in the seperation of church and state...always and forever!!! This makes me sick.

LuLo Designs/Blue Eyed Tango said...

Not only is the PC out of hand but people's priorities as well! I can only get "talk radio" in my barn so while I clean out five stalls I always hear the topic of the day being discussed. This time is was the Pat White Show discussing a local housing division (of million $$$$ homes). Land owner/developer wanted to add some business offices (not that many, probably because of the economy) the GORGEOUS golf course will be affected and their pristine million $$$$ views they were "guaranteed" having for the next decade or more too! You should have heard the whiners on this one. I'm sorry but I really had to refrain myself from marching into the house and calling in (if I would have had my cell phone outside, I would have). If people like this would stop padding their own pockets and start thinking about others more, our country would NOT be in this mess! It was utterly ridiculous!! Come on people where's your perspective!!

Maery Rose said...

It's pretty tough to open your mouth and not offend someone. I think it all depends on how you say something and your intention rather than what "word" you use. My son is gay and I overhear comments and jokes all the time that are hurtful. Are these bad people? No. Do they know they are bashing my son? No. I guess on the other side of the coin is I maybe worry too much about making them feel bad by speaking up.

C-ingspots said...

All I'm saying in a nutshell is this: people are entitled to having their own opinions whether they are "politically correct" or not. It is okay to disagree with the vast majority, or with what the secular world implies how we should feel. My belief is that God and His word outlined in the Bible is the "gold standard". Everything else out there is subjective opinion. You can agree or disagree...it's called free will, and even that doesn't change the truth.

allhorsestuff said...

Hey...I think that oriental dude(et) said it best up there in the comments!!!
Ya know Lorie...being PC is RETARDED!
I knoiw that puts a neg spin on those PC'ers but...leave us alone already with the changing of the stupid names game or you're out!

LOVE YOU TOP PIECES...be well and i am on my knees fer ya's!
As always,
Kac

Anonymous said...

yup... sometimes it's all just... another "r " word... ridiculous :)

happy trails
gp